SAI BABA MOVEMENT
The Sai Baba movement is perhaps the most popular modern South Asian religious movement. It owes its origin to Shirdi Sai Baba (d. 1918). Through one of the inheritors of his charisma, Sathya Sai Baba (b. 1926), the movement became a transnational phenomenon in the late twentieth century.
While most of the available literature is a giographical in nature, scholars have studied some aspects of the movement, including the figures of Shirdi Sai Baba, the middle-class constituency, and the movement's pedagogical innovations. In addition, Shirdi Sai Baba has been identified with certain ufi orders in Maharashtra and Karnataka (Shepherd, 1985), the medieval figure of Kabir (Rigopoulos, 1993), and the protean Indian deity, Dattatreya (Rigopoulos, 1998). Rigopoulos points out that the "syncretistic quality of Kabir's life and teachings" seems to have been Sai Baba's model (1993, p. 305).
- How To Make Chocolate Biscuit Cake Recipe
- Voltage Transformer, Current Transformers, Isolation Transformer, Auto Transformer
- Work From Home Business Opportunity
- Facebook Takes On Real Estate Agents
- 2/3/4/ BHK Grand New Luxurious Housing Flats ATS Happy Trails In Noida Extension
- Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh
- Website Designing Company In Dwarka, Website Designing Company In Delhi
- Best Digital Agency In Navi Mumbai
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. Introduces Neon Silicone Inks
- What Happens When Life Insurance Companies Track Fitness Data?