SAI BABA MOVEMENT
The Sai Baba movement is perhaps the most popular modern South Asian religious movement. It owes its origin to Shirdi Sai Baba (d. 1918). Through one of the inheritors of his charisma, Sathya Sai Baba (b. 1926), the movement became a transnational phenomenon in the late twentieth century.
While most of the available literature is a giographical in nature, scholars have studied some aspects of the movement, including the figures of Shirdi Sai Baba, the middle-class constituency, and the movement's pedagogical innovations. In addition, Shirdi Sai Baba has been identified with certain ufi orders in Maharashtra and Karnataka (Shepherd, 1985), the medieval figure of Kabir (Rigopoulos, 1993), and the protean Indian deity, Dattatreya (Rigopoulos, 1998). Rigopoulos points out that the "syncretistic quality of Kabir's life and teachings" seems to have been Sai Baba's model (1993, p. 305).
- What Are The Major Benefits Of LeadPages?
- Hearing Aid in Tollygunge, Hearing Aid Clinic in Tollygunge
- Is It Possible to Sell Items in Another Country by E-commerce?
- Submersible Dewatering Pumps India
- Travel Blog | Proenza
- 7 Ways To Promote Culture When Working From Home
- Heavy Wall Thickness Pipe Manufacturer Supplier in India
- Digital Marketing Agency Melbourne
- Men’s clothing UK | Men’s Clothes | LOOKINGSLICK | Shop LKSK
- Centrifugal oil water separator | Oil water filter | Filtervac Canada