Earnings and Tax: How Much Can I Earn Before Paying Taxes in the UK?

If you have income that isn’t taxed through a pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) scheme, you’ll probably need to submit a personal tax return. If you’re self employed or a sole trader and your turnover was more than £1,000 or you’re in a business partnership, you must complete a return.