We can confidently say that no Lebanese feast is complete without a sambousik or maybe two. Happiness is when you have one meat and one cheese sambousik in your hand. Crispy and crumbly, these little fried creations are one of Middle East’s most beloved snacks.
What is sambousik? This pastry is also known as sambousek, sambousak or samboosak. It is essentially a small pastry filled with either meat or cheese and a range of other spices. Usually in Lebanon, lamb is the meat of choice and cheese can range from halloumi to nabulsi right through to feta. Other ingredients such as onions, herbs, pine-nuts and spices provide flavour and add a deliciously nutty texture and taste. These pastries are best enjoyed fried but can also be baked – often served at Lebanese restaurants as a part of a classic spread.
- Product Engineering Services | Product Development Solutions
- Acuvue Contact Lens Price
- CRM Software, CRM Software For Small And Medium Business In India | RSoft
- Self Drive Car Rental In Hyderabad
- Hire Dedicated Shopify Developer – Hire Shopify Experts
- Is PHP Dead? What Is The Job Outlook And Future Of PHP In The Next Five Years?
- Microsoft Aims To Bolster Security With Windows 10 IoT Core Services
- Best Tools For Boosting Your Instagram Profile
- Society Management App
- S19: Vocabluary Based Questions For RBI Assistant 2019/20 And SBI Clerk 2020 I Kaustubh Sir