We can confidently say that no Lebanese feast is complete without a sambousik or maybe two. Happiness is when you have one meat and one cheese sambousik in your hand. Crispy and crumbly, these little fried creations are one of Middle East’s most beloved snacks.
What is sambousik? This pastry is also known as sambousek, sambousak or samboosak. It is essentially a small pastry filled with either meat or cheese and a range of other spices. Usually in Lebanon, lamb is the meat of choice and cheese can range from halloumi to nabulsi right through to feta. Other ingredients such as onions, herbs, pine-nuts and spices provide flavour and add a deliciously nutty texture and taste. These pastries are best enjoyed fried but can also be baked – often served at Lebanese restaurants as a part of a classic spread.
- What is Web Scraping API
- How should I prepare for the CDS exam in 2018?
- Testimonials – Rocky Mountain Pain and Joint Center
- COVID-19 Outbreak: How Outsourced Bookkeeping Can Help Your Business
- Ori’Zaba’s Names Adam Petersen Franchise Sales Manager
- 2020 to 2025 – Most interesting cryptocurrency predictions!
- Granite Suppliers Sydney
- MS backing flange manufacturers
- Dashboard Management System
- Sales Funnel: Improve your sales strategy