Skip to Content

Tri-Fold Exploding Rivets

Tri-Fold Exploding Rivets

Submitted by • November 11, 2020

Tri-Fold Rivets are a special kind of rivet. They are often referred to as exploding rivets due to the way they expand, but they may be known by other names such as tri bulb, tri tite, bulb tite, and olympic rivets. These rivets have three notches cut into the body, or hat, of the rivet. They are installed much like a pop rivet, using a riveter to pull the mandrel towards the hat. As the mandrel is pulled in towards the hat, the three sections bend, forming three legs.

Voted by:
Voted by saratim

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>